If you currently don’t use internet banking you are probably wondering what it is, what are the benefits to it, and how safe is it to use? Let us explain:
What is Online Banking?
Online banking is being able to access your bank account safely on the internet, letting you view your account and do a variety of tasks to help you manage your money.
How to set up Online Banking
To get started you may have to visit your bank’s website, make a phone call or pop into a branch to register for internet access.
The registration process is fairly quick, but for safety reasons, it will involve a few steps such as, having a username or passcode posted to you (usually separately) or even receiving a small security device posted to you for logging in. These steps will vary depending on which bank you are with.
What are the benefits?
• You can access your account quickly and easily.
• Set up direct debits or pay your bills from home.
• It is usually quicker than visiting a branch.
• You can get text or email alerts when there are changes to your account.
• You may have access to free options, such as online budgeting tools.
• Banks may offer different products that aren’t advertised in their branches.
Is it safe?
Online banking is safe as long as you follow a few simple steps:
• Don’t give out your passwords or login details to anyone.
• Make sure you chose a strong password that you can remember
• Always remember to log out properly once you have finished.
• Do not respond to emails asking for any personal details, even if they claim to be from your bank.
Having access to online banking can also make applying for a Moneyline loan quicker and easier, through a process called Open Banking. This means you can share your bank statements with us safely, Just click ‘apply now’ on this website follow the instructions. How easy is that!?